1、 When the oil painting is dry, it feels gray. Only in a very thick and pure place can you feel it
2、 I don't know how to adjust the color with a scraper... The color is decent but not ideal
3、 I don't know how to wash the pen... It's basically turpentine and newspaper, but it's always not clean. It's easy to get dirty. What's the low-cost way to deal with it
4、 It's hard to dry oil painting and it's not easy to paint. The color is often wrong. I want to cover it with a bristle pen. As a result, I mix the colors below, which makes it dark. It can't go down. It's light. It's light
5、 The first time I drew a painting, I didn't do anything to the palette, which resulted in the color on it getting old and dirty
6、 Not familiar with the nature of oil painting pigment... According to the toner method of gouache, many effects can not be drawn
For the above questions and answers:
1. This phenomenon is commonly known as oil absorption. One possibility is that you use too much turpentine to volatilize the oil in the paint, so it looks gray. Another possibility is that you didn't finish it at one time. You did it the second time before the first time and didn't use cohesion agent before the second time. The so-called "dry through" is not to dry the surface, because linseed oil has this characteristic, it will first form a film on the outer surface, but in fact it is not dry, the inner side is soft, and it is half dry. Such a color layer is covered with pigment, and the oil will be quickly absorbed by the half dry bottom layer, so the surface will be polluted.
2. Scraper is also a common tool, widely used. It can better maintain the purity of the color, and form a smooth plane on the color layer, with strong decorative effect. There are also special scrapers for painters in modern times, but if you start to learn, it will be more difficult to control, because this technique is too accidental, it is fun if you control it well, and disaster if you do not control it well. You can use a pen and a knife. If you want to use it, try your best. Don't be afraid of failure. You need to accumulate a certain amount of experience to be able to use it freely.
3. Wash the pen with warm water, soap or detergent. First, wipe off the residual paint on the pen with newspaper as much as possible. If it is a soft pen, wipe it with a soft cloth. Then prepare a small basin of warm water (below 60 ℃), soak the pen, dip it in a little washing spirit, hold the pen in one hand and rub it in the palm of the other hand, so as to wash out the oil and color near the root of the pen. If you only wash it with turpentine oil, soon the oil painting pen will start to harden from the root, and finally become a stick. In addition, if the pen is too dirty, you can consider using soap, which will be cleaner. After the pen is washed, it should be wrapped with newspaper and tightly wrapped according to the shape of the pen head. Otherwise, the brush hair will be tied open before the next use, which is useless at all.
4. You have this problem because there are many gouache paintings and you have formed the habit of painting with powder. The difficulty of painting is one of its characteristics. Many painters add poppy oil to make it dry slowly, which is to combine the upper layer with the lower layer when painting. Moreover, the main purpose of covering the color layer of oil painting is to achieve the effect of permutation, not to correct mistakes. If the color is not ideal to change, it is best to scrape off the old paint with a scraper first, try to clean it before painting a new one. There are also multi-layer painting methods of oil painting, including dry painting and wet painting. Some of them wait for the bottom layer to dry out before painting the top layer, but they must do the connection work (not mentioned here).
5. Color palette surface must be treated. If you buy it with good paint, you can use it directly. If it's white stubble, you need to paint by yourself or polish it with oil (this is the best, but it's very slow, it takes three months to make one piece). The palette should be cleaned every day. Try not to squeeze too much paint on it. It is better to use it up in one day. After use, first use a scraper to clean the remaining paint, and then use a soft cloth to wipe it hard. Otherwise, the remaining paint will soon dry on the board, forming an indelible stain. If this situation has been caused, it is suggested to change one piece quickly. The dirty palette makes people have no appetite for painting in bed.
6. If you really want to paint well, it is the best to have more optimistic original works and more experienced painters. However, there are few good original works in China, and few painters with pure and authentic techniques. It can be said that the conditions are hard, and you can only do it diligently. Experience should be accumulated slowly. You can read some books. The classic is the European painting master's techniques and materials compiled by Yang Hongtai. Here, all aspects of the oil painting are introduced. The original author is a German expert in materials science. He is authoritative, but he can't be superstitious. Because the original author of this book is a scholar, and the second one is an ancient one or two centuries ago, so Some of the content is not accurate, you can refer to it, but you don't have to click on it. You don't need to do experiments page by page according to the book. This is especially true of other technical books. Many of them are well printed and have rich color pages, which can easily lead to the illusion of authority. However, if you are superstitious, you will surely suffer. In recent years, some people who study materials in China are writing books, but the reference value is less, because oil painting is imported from China, there is no deep technical tradition, and the whole technical system is half imported and half self created, which is simply not authentic, a little cottage
To avoid oil absorption, there are two ways: one is to paint as thin as possible, the bottom layer is toned with turpentine, and try to dry it all night long. The color layer on the top should not be changed. If the thick area needs to be covered by dry cover, give it a few days' rest before oil painting. There is also a tradition of techniques in oil painting, that is, the darker part is thin, the brighter part is thick, and the heavier the color is, the more transparent it is. It is very clear in classical paintings
Contact: Miss Jing
Add: USA : 139 Sparks St, lowell, MA 01854 USA. China : Wushipu 117, Huli, Xiamen 361009, Fujian, China